Welcome to Muddy Trowel’s privacy notice.
This privacy notice provides information on how Muddy Trowel collects and processes your personal data when you visit our website to purchase a product or service.
- Important information and who we are
Muddy Trowel Limited is an internet only based company. We are contactable by email at [email protected]. Our registered office and operating address is 12 Stanhope Road, St Albans, AL1 5BL. Muddy Trowel Limited is the controller and is responsible for your personal data.
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you as follows:
- Identity Data includes first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title., date of birth and gender.
- Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data includes bank account and payment card details.
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Profile Data includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences. We explain these categories of data here.
We use different methods to collect data about you as follows:
- Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity, Contact and Financial Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- apply for our products or services;
- create an account on our website;
- subscribe to our service or publications;
- request marketing to be sent to you;
- enter a competition, promotion or survey; or
- give us feedback or contact us.
- Third parties or publicly available sources. We will receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources as set out below:
- Technical Data from the following parties:
- analytics providers such as Google based outside the EU;
- advertising networks based inside OR outside the EU]; and
- search information providers based inside OR outside the EU.
- Contact, Financial and Transaction Data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services such as based inside OR outside the EU.
- Identity and Contact Data from data brokers or aggregators based inside OR outside the EU.
- Identity and Contact Data from publicly available sources such as Companies House and the Electoral Register based inside the EU.
- Technical Data from the following parties:
- How we use your personal data
We will only use your personal data for the purpose for which we collected it which include the following:
- To register you as a new customer.
- To process and deliver your order.
- To manage your relationship with us.
- To enable you to participate in a prize draw, competition or complete a survey.
- To improve our website, products/services, marketing or customer relationships.
- To recommend products or services which may be of interest to you.
- To provide you with timely and relevant plant care advice.
- How we share your personal data
Third Party Service Providers & Suppliers working on our behalf: We may pass your information to our trusted third party service providers, suppliers, agents subcontractors and other associated organisations for the purposes of completing tasks and providing services to you on our behalf. For example to deliver the products and plants you have ordered from us. However, when we use third party service providers & suppliers;
- We disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the service and we have a contract in place that requires them to use your data for an exact purpose whilst keeping your information protected and secure at all times.
- We will not release your information to third parties for them to use for their own direct marketing purposes, unless you have requested us to do so, or we are required to do so by law, for example, by a court order or for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime.
- International transfers
As part of the services offered to you through this website, the information which you provide to us may be transferred to countries outside the European Union (“EU”). By way of example, this may happen if any of our servers are from time to time located in a country outside of the EU. These countries may not have similar data protection laws to the UK. By submitting your personal data, you’re agreeing to this transfer, storing or processing. If we transfer your information outside of the EU in this way, we will take steps to ensure that appropriate security measures are taken with the aim of ensuring that your privacy rights continue to be protected as outlined in this Policy.
If you use our services while you are outside the EU, your information may be transferred outside the EU in order to provide you with those services.
- Your legal rights
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data including the right to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office, the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk).
Our ICO registration number is ZA749396.
You will not usually have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we could refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.